Wireless Experiment Follow Up

18 Oct

In my last post, I spoke about an idea I had to try and have total wireless services for about $20 CAD per month which was a theory that I put into practice and quickly found out that there are definitely some issues with trying to do this.

  1. Hushed.com is pretty unreliable on Android and iOS.
  2. Calls seldom made it through.
  3. Texting worked well.

The whole week I was using Hushed.com exclusively, I didn’t receive many calls at all. This is usually pretty normal for me so I didn’t pay it any mind. That is until multiple family members and friends called my wife’s phone looking for me. That’s when I knew there was a problem.

It seems as though unless the app is in the foreground, it really doesn’t receive calls properly. Callers are generally sent to voicemail instead.

The outcome of my experiment was total failure. This type of service and setup are not recommended at all, as you cannot guarantee your calls will make it through.